The City of Branson is seeking an Assistant Engineer. The Assistant Engineer will perform complex engineering design work assisting the Director of Public Works/Engineering and Utilities Director in planning, managing and supervising a variety of capital projects. Duties include engineering work related to large and small public improvements projects; responsible for maintaining the City’s design and construction standards; overseeing public and private development projects to ensure they meet the City’s design standards; expert input into master plans for transportation, stormwater, water and wastewater facilities and traffic flow analysis, intersection studies and traffic signal design for traffic control.
• A High school graduate or GED equivalent is required.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related field is required.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Missouri (or another State equivalent) as issued by the State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers is required.
• Experience in the design/construction of civil engineering projects preferred.
• Five years of progressively responsible experience is required.
• Additional licenses or certifications may be required for this position.
• National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation and drug and alcohol screenings
Additional Salary Information: Competitive wages depending upon qualifications and experience; expected starting salary in the $90,000 range annually
About City of Branson
Branson is a community nestled in the heart of the Ozark Mountains in Southwest Missouri. We are a family friendly entertainment and vacation destination hosting 7,000,000 to 8,000,000 annual visitors to our beautiful city. Branson is known for its picturesque views, two man-made lakes for great fishing, hiking trails, year round shopping, world class restaurants, music shows, and multiple attractions. Branson is dedicated to preserving, promoting and championing our core values of Family, Faith, Friends, Flag & Future as we ensure continued success for our beautiful city.
The City of Branson employs approximately 280 (full, part-time and seasonal) employees in a variety of departments within the organization. Our employees work to serve the residents and visitors and strive to make the City of Branson the best community it can be.