The Senior Field Service Technician role is a key member of our organization as our customers rely heavily on our service to operate their potable systems, cooling systems, boilers, and other heat exchange systems by maintaining utmost water quality at their facilities. The Field Service Technician, along with the Sales team, is our face to the customer and critical in ensuring outstanding service level for our customers.
The successful candidate will provide water testing, analysis and consultation services for our existing customers by using existing knowledge and background in technical water treatment, including experience with water treatment systems (boilers, cooling towers, ROs, clarifiers, raw water and wastewater) and working closely with company’s Technical Team and Commercial Team to exceed our customers’ expectations.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review the Contract specifications and develop a detailed customized scope of work (SOW) if one has not already been developed for each account you service. Update the Service Plan when notified of contract changes by the sales representative.
• Obtain all badges/clearances required to access the account. Contact the office if assistance is needed.
• Follow the SOW for each account. Collect the periodic required water samples, perform the required water quality tests, and note the results of all testing in Chemstar Reports.
• Meet with plant point of contact (PoC) to give him/her a summary of your findings that day and to maintain a rapport with the PoC and site engineers. Be sure to mention any corrective actions that need to be taken by plant personnel.
• Wear all Personnel Protective Equipment as required by the Safety Data Sheet for each chemical.
• Make all required adjustments to chemical feed rates based on results. Be sure to document all corrective actions you took and all corrective actions that need to be taken by the plant.
• Clean and calibrate controller sensors as necessary. Prime any pumps that are not working. Make any needed repairs to tubing. Notify salesman of any larger repairs that will require a work order. Do not perform work outside of the Service Plan without discussing with the sales representative.
• Order chemicals to replenish the inventory stock at the customers’ sites as needed. Minimize the number of chemical deliveries required to the customer by increasing the tank sizes and optimizing the controls for the appropriate feed of the chemicals. Order the replacement chemicals through the e-Service Report’s Order Request.
• Ensure that the chemical tanks, pumps, controllers, and surrounding area are working as designed, clean, and orderly.
• Carry out water treatment equipment’s maintenance task per its set schedule. The equipment may include reverse osmosis, ultra-filtration, de-mineralization equipment, electrolysis, pumps, controllers, etc.
• Deliver small quantities of chemicals (5-gallon pails) if needed.
• Ensure customer success and satisfaction is achieved at all existing customers.
• Resolve customer service requests in appropriate time.
• Support other Service Technicians to service customer accounts as needed.
• Document the amount of time spent at the account plus any drive time (or portion of drive time if servicing multiple accounts) on your timesheet so that the account can be properly billed for your time. At the end of each month turn your timesheet in to your supervisor. Document any leave taken on your timesheet.
• Greater DC, Virginia, and Baltimore area
• Accounts will be assigned based on geographic location
• Can live in any area within the service territory to start from home to service accounts
• Full Time Exempt Position
• Compensation Based on Experience
• Health Insurance
• Paid Time Off
Chemstar WATER has a very well established interview process that includes the following assessments:
- Personality fit test to the job and the company (Caliper test or equivalent)
- Mathematical aptitude test (IXL or equivalent)
- Water testing & analysis (hands-on testing evaluation in our laboratory)
- Weightlifting test of two 50 lbs pails and carry 40 feet
Chemstar WATER is an equal opportunity employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
• 8+ years of water treatment technical experience in cooling towers and boiler rooms
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Comfortable with water testing and recording data for reporting purposes
• Comfortable with hands-on basic plumbing and electrical work
• Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
• Can lift 50 pounds over long distances and several flights of stairs
• Can work in a hot boiler room over 100F temperature
• Can drive >100 miles in a day
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English
• Good fundamental math and computer skills
About Chemstar Water
Founded in 1999, Chemstar WATER is a water treatment company that designs, manufactures and provides water treatment equipment, chemicals, and services to institutions, hospitals, government buildings, food & beverage producers, military bases, industrial facilities, power plants, data centers, hyperscale, and colocation providers.