As the Viking Forge LLC Maintenance Manager you will play a critical leadership role within our team of Managers, Supervisors and Leads. The Maintenance Manager will function in a position of high visibility and responsibility for the continuous operation of the shift they are overseeing. The Maintenance Manager will interact with the Operations Manager, Production Supervisors and Leads to determine the priority of repairs needed on downed production equipment.
· Ensuring Health and Safety by following policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times, as well as enforcing the same throughout the facility.
· Manages two off-shift Maintenance Supervisors.
· Organizes department, delegate job responsibilities and verify the appropriate equipment and supplies are available.
· Establishing work schedules as well as approvals of weekly pay, overtime and paid time off as pertains to their department.
· Monitoring materials used and ensuring associates are working efficiently and safely.
· Reviews of personnel performance to include proposals for increases and disciplinary actions.
· Makes regular inspections for safety, housekeeping and maintenance issues in all areas of the operation.
· Completes daily safety and maintenance reports accurately.
· Assists with equipment repairs and housekeeping as needed.
· Works with maintenance associates to train on various skills and best practices.
· Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management.
· Proactively analyze problems, determine root cause and implement countermeasures
· Understand, practice and enforce all safety procedures
· Works closely with team members to develop work methods and performance by evaluating training needs.
· Works to oversee and improve the PM programs in place as well as helping to develop new programs as needed.
· Hands on trouble shooting and diagnosis of equipment issues in conjunction with maintenance associates.
· Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree
· Min 10 years of experience as a maintenance manager in heavy manufacturing environment
· Must have experience with 3 ph. 480V systems
· Must be able read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics
· Must have hydraulic and pneumatic experience
· Must have strong demonstrated mechanical aptitude
· Mechanical press and/or forging experience a major plus
· Welding and fabrication experience a plus
Additional Salary Information: Vacation, 401K with match, rich insurance plans
About Viking Forge LLC
Viking Forge Corporation was established in 1989 and is located in Streetsboro, Ohio. We serve the oil, gas, truck and automotive industries and forge parts from about 1 pound to 70 pounds. We capably produce our tooling on-site. A recent 200,000 feet expansion demonstrates our commitment to continue business.