Under direction of the City Engineer, performs professional engineering work in the planning, design, construction and maintenance of traffic control devices and programs. The incumbent serves as liaison between Federal, State and County on transportation and traffic engineering matters. The employee also provides traffic engineering services to the City's agencies, City Council, Neighborhood Association and the public. Work is reviewed through conferences and written reports for adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Civil engineering with a heavy emphasis on traffic engineering.
- Three (3) years of experience in engineering of which one (1) year must be in traffic engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Florida is required.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering with a heavy emphasis on traffic engineering.
- Three (3) years of experience in traffic engineering.
- Experience with surveying.
Additional education and experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
The City of Hollywood is a beachfront community located in southeastern Broward County midway between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Founded by Joseph Young in 1925, Hollywood is approximately 30 square miles in size and is Broward’s third-largest municipality with a population of roughly 143,000 residents. Hollywood has an average annual high temperature of 83 degrees and low temperature of 68 degrees.