As a principal engineer for supplier quality you will provide quality planning, control, and improvement support for global procurement & supply chain, engineering and manufacturing to assure Oshkosh Corporation product quality meets the customers' expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Verify supplier manufacturing processes (PFMEA, Control Plans, Cpk and Ppk studies, etc.) for stability and control.
2. Facilitate Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) techniques with suppliers and internal stakeholders
3. Monitors and facilitates quality activities for Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). Verifies process control, capability and sustainability of the supplier.
5. Execute standard supplier quality processes to facilitate issue resolution and validation
6. Gather and analyze internal and external data to help identify exposure, impact, root causes and corrective actions
7. Perform supplier certification through the Global Supplier Quality Audit
8. Support the Global Supplier Quality Council through continuous improvement.
9. Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required. Estimated Travel expectations – 50-75%
Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
5-plus years of experience in specific areas of Quality or Purchasing such as: supplier quality management, supplier quality engineering, quality management/engineering, supplier integration, strategic supply management, supplier development, scheduling, forecasting, logistics, etc.
Project Management Professional Certification
Prior supply management leadership experience
Prior project management experience
Understanding of operations
Experience in working with and visiting suppliers globally
Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certified
Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
Understanding of fundamental business principles and practices
Knowledge and application of Supply Management Processes and tools
Cross-functional work experience(s) in multiple major areas such as: Accounting, Product Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing Operations, Warehousing and/or Distribution, Production Employee supervision, Supply Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Industrial Engineering, etc. (Cross functional work experience(s) in 2 major areas such as: Quality, Manufacturing Operations, Supply Management, Marketing, etc.)
Oshkosh Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
We make it our business to understand the rigors of our customers' jobs, and deliver vehicles to them that out-perform anything else on the market. Our commitment to the highest quality products and customer support exte...nds the lifetime of our vehicles through our 24/7 global service network. And because our company is broadly diversified, we can leverage our proprietary technologies to create powerful competitive advantages across many different markets.