The incumbent will report to the Senior Manager of Health Care R&D responsible for the Medical Device New Product Development. In this role, the incumbent is responsible for leading medium to higher complex priority innovation program(s), including new product development (NPD). As well as working with internal cross-functional teams and external experts/partners, develop breakthrough technical options to address customer unmet needs
• Collaborate with vendors and development partners to select a suitable commercial polymer or modify to commercialize breakthrough innovation
• working with the team leader and key stakeholders, identify and develop a technology roadmap to drive innovation
• Plan and carry out assignments with minimal assistance and direction.
• Identify and apply innovative approaches to solve complex problems
• Lead efforts in identifying differentiated products or solutions that address customer needs
• Mentor junior members of the team to continuously build talent
• Drives decision through cooperation and commitment from team members through influence.
• Provide protection for products and technologies through appropriate use of patents and trade secrets
• Up to 25% travel
• MS in Bioengineering or Biomedical Engineering or Polymer Engineering with a minimum of 5 years relevant industrial experience OR
• Ph.D. in Bioengineering or Biomedical Engineering or Polymer Engineering with a minimum 2 years relevant industrial experience
• Hands-on experience with medical device or technology development from explore to commercialization
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements, including 510(k) process, CE Marking, and Design Control Documentation
• Extensive knowledge and experience with medical grade materials, specifically polyurethanes and silicones.
• Effectively works with a diverse cross-functional team to solve complex problems while gaining cooperation of the team members through influence.
• Clearly and succinctly communicates critical information with internal and external customers/ stakeholders assuring accountability.
• Considered as an expert in one or more technology or product platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions under pressure while aligning with cross-functional team members
• Ability to translate customer insights in to differentiable product features to drive innovation
• Hands on experience with Polyurethane and /or Silicone Injection Molding, Polymer Extrusion, polymer bonding
• Working knowledge of voice-of-customer and translating customer needs in to product requirements and innovation opportunities
Halyard Health is a medical technology company focused on advancing health and healthcare by preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery. The company delivers clinically-superior products and solutions in infection prevention, surgical solutions, respiratory health, digestive health, pain management and IV therapy.
Halyard Health sells its recognized brands and products in more than 100 countries, and holds leading market positions in multiple categories across the portfolio.