Electrical/Electronics and Mechanical Engineering:
Fire Alarm Systems, Fire Protection Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems, Fire Protection Special Hazards Suppression Systems, Fire Protection Water-Based (formerly Automatic Sprinkler System)
Performs routine and emergency maintenance on the fire alarm systems and equipment, components, and subsystems in the ASG-KU area of operations. Performs inspection, testing, and repair of fire alarm control panels, initiiating, indicating, and monitoring devices. Performs inspection, testing, and maintenance on suppression systems consisting of wet pipe sprinkler, preaction sprinkler, fire pumps, and associated equipment. Performs in secure, critical, and sensitive designated areas under control of the U.S. Army in accordance with contract requirements. Ensures requirements for inspection, testing and maintenance are IAW with NFPA and UFC 3-601-02.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Accomplishes the maintenance and repair of systems associated with fire detection, suppression and other equipmemt that is a component part of the overall fire protection system.
2. Performs inspection, testing and maintenance of fire protection systems IAW UFC 3-601-02 using NFPA 72 and NFPA 25 as guidelines.
3. Utilizes test equipment and meters such as voltmeters, ammeters, wire tracing devices, etc., for locating and diagnosing equipment, distribution, and control system malfunctions.
4. Utilizes various hand tools, shop tools, and equipment in accomplishing repairs and maintenance of these systems and components.
5.Troubleshoots and repairs fire protection circuits and equipment. Repairs or replaces defective components.
6. Requests and maintains accountability for parts, tools, equipment and materials required for work performance and work assignments.
7. May be required to conduct both routine and emergency services after normal work periods.
8. Performs the majority of work in the sensitive and secure areas of military installations and facilities in accordance with the established security procedures of the U.S. Army and contract requirements.
9. Responsible for safe operation, cleanliness and operator maintenance of assigned vehicle.
10. Prepares and completes requires work documents.
11. Complies with safety/environmental standards and safe work practices.
12. Performs other duties as assigned
One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required. High School graduate. Qualifications have to meet the critieria as outlined in UFC 3-601-02. Recognized journeyman or craftsman-level qualificaiton/program for fire alarm systems. Examples include, but are not limited to, certification in Fire Alarms (NICET level II, Water Suppression (NICET Level III), formalized labor organization-based journeyman training, valid current qualification of license from any state, documented work experience with a fire alarm inspection and servicing company, and factory training. Associates degree (Electronics) and four years documented experience or High School Diploma and six years experience that can be documented.
Examples include: previous job descriptions, DD214 and Military/Cilivian Performance reports, job experience letter on company or corporate letterhead from previous employer(s).
Must have education and knowledge of electronics theory.
Must possess a current Stateside drivers License unless otherwise stipulated.
Must be able to obtain a SECRET Clearance.
Documented six years experience in maintenance, repair, installation, and inspection and testing of UL listed fire alarm systems .
Language Proficiency: Should have sufficient knowledge of English to understand instructions and accomplish work documents and reports.
Skills: Prefer experience with addressable fire alarm panels from the following manufacturers; Edwards Signaling Technology (EST), Simplex, MIRCOM, or Notifier. Must be physically and mentally capable to perform all tasks including the lifting of light and heavy items. References and previous employers contact information must be provided for verification purposes. Desirable experience with MIRCOM PRO 2000, VESDA,and Chemetron Suppression Systems factory training desired (or equivalent). Proficiency in MS OFFICE products