Bowtech believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, and not to limit the individual or the organization to the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Bowtech is a fully-committed team-based organization. The Quality Manager must be a leader and a coach - not a directive controller. S/He is responsible for partnership and support of directors/leaders across all functions of the organization to support Bowtech’s culture and strategic goals. Accountability for cost center performance resides with the Quality Manager and s/he must accomplish cost center objectives through team leadership and development.
Manages Quality Program of Bowtech’s multiple manufacturing sites and test facilities and manages the quality function in the manufacturing of all Bowtech products.
Delegates authority to team members in production and other operations as required, to meet quality requirements.
Responsible for overall safety, quality and productivity deliverables within the Quality areas of responsibility.
Demonstrates a respectful and cooperative attitude towards all people.
· Follows principle of leadership and service:
o Focus on issues, not personalities
o Maintain self-esteem and self-confidence
o Create and maintain constructive relationships
o Make things better for those involved
o Lead by example
o Consider consequences of your actions
· Takes responsibility for personal growth
· Takes initiative to meet the challenges within the environment
· Adheres to guidelines
· Receives feedback from team in a positive manner
· Oriented toward solutions through collaboration
· Respectfully and effectively communicates to co-workers and those outside of Bowtech
· Supports, through behavior and actions, the Mission of Bowtech, adhering to policies and procedures
Represents Bowtech in a positive and supportive manner
Acts as a role model within and outside of Bowtech
Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and the ability to prioritize workload
Is able to maintain confidentiality
· Ensures that internal processes and metrics are aligned to create highest product quality and competitive advantage
· Responsible for implementing and substantially strengthening quality systems and for determining the appropriate infrastructure and resources required to achieve business objectives
· Provides leadership and strategic direction to the quality function and ensures proper interface of quality function to manufacturing, engineering, and marketing
· Responsible for building strong relationships with Bowtech’s customers and vendors and effectively relates the quality function to the business as a whole
· Responsible for building and managing a quality organization whose team members will partner with manufacturing operations to solve quality problems while maintaining manufacturing efficiencies and meeting competitive business deadlines
· Partners with the managers and engineers to create and direct programs to ensure the quality of the product
· Leads the creation and implementation of tactical plans to achieve Bowtech’s strategic vision. Extends Bowtech’s strategic vision to production team leaders and team members
· Consistently exceeds customer expectations for product delivery and quality
· Provides training and leadership and represents a positive, enthusiastic role model so as to create a positive place to work
· Supervises the application of Bowtech’s Policies to quality functions
· Reviews and approves recommendations of team leaders in matters of personnel or rate changes
· Participates in identifying transaction opportunities and related due diligence, negotiation and post-acquisition integration
· Responsible for learning about new and emerging technologies, industry trends and collaborating with other professionals inside and outside of Bowtech to improve quality operations
· Represents Bowtech in the community and promotes the organization’s goodwill and interests in community activities
· Coaches Team Leaders on leadership development and assists in creating development and training plans
· Provides Team Leaders performance feedback and may partner with Human Resources on Team Leaders’ salaries. Works with Corporate and Facility support services, such as I.T., Human Resources, Engineering, Accounting/Finance and Maintenance to acquire and coordinate needed services for specific areas of responsibility
· Frequent travel may be required
· Performs other related duties as assigned by Management Team
· Responsible for prompt and regular attendance as scheduled
· Responsible for design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, including a self-assessment and report to management
· Accountable for developing and monitoring processes and practices necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned area
· Work safely and without injury
· Responsible for building and maintaining a central Quality Management System, up to and including ISO implementation/certification
· Follow LEAN process for manufacturing
· Properly report/communicate department issues to appropriate team member
· Responsible for supporting and adhering to company policies and procedures
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of department and industry
· Support safety and safety committee
· Work with Production and Engineering to improve processes
· DFME and FMEA
· Implementation of SPC for process improvement
· Design jigs and fixtures
· Participate in inspection and audit activity
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business administration or in a pertinent technical field. A Master’s degree in a related field is preferred
· General management experience in manufacturing company environments
At least ten years of Quality Management experience, which includes experience in Quality Systems Management, QA Administration, QA Engineering, QA Audit. Inspection and Test experience within manufacturing. Experience to include work with production, accounting, information systems, materials planning, human resources, engineering and purchasing
ISO experience preferred
· Strong leadership skills and extraordinary people management skills, with a solid understanding of the quality process and manufacturing operations, necessary to keep the company a step ahead of its competitors
· Demonstrated successful performance in business planning, marketing and sales in a high-growth environment
· Working knowledge of commonly used business software products such as spreadsheets, word processing and database management
· Demonstrated successful leadership in new product planning and development
· Knowledge of archery market sufficient to provide guidance and vision to the company is preferred
· Experience with and commitment to team-oriented management styles and methodologies, with particular knowledge of TQC, JIT and TEI
· Must have career history characterized by strong employers operating in growth environments; stability in employment and success in assignments
· Must have history of impeccable integrity, ethics and fair play
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers and vendors
· Ability to effectively problem-solve
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
· Ability to facilitate activities necessary to a project’s completion
Ability to read, write, verbalize and comprehend instructions and correspondence at the highest levels in the English language. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other team members. Advanced conflict resolution skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent customer service skills.
Must have mathematical skills equivalent to those required under degree requirements
Additional Salary Information: Paid benefits, 401(k) match
“Refuse to Follow”
Our Mission is to provide the most advanced archery products and customer service, developed on customer driven innovation.
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bowtech employs over 300 team members. It is the parent company of industry leading brands including Diamond Archery, Stryker Crossbows, as well as Excalibur crossbows, based out of Kitchener, ON, Canada. This extensiv...e network of companies gives Bowtech world class design expertise, and vast manufacturing ability.
Bowtech bows are made in America, by passionate employees who take pride in every step of the build process. From our in-house string facility, to high quality finish process. All to build the most advanced archery product known to man, with the quality and service you would expect.
It is our highest priority that we support customers with the best customer service in not just the archery industry, but any industry. An in house customer service team is on hand to handle any questions or concerns that may arise, with service 2nd to none.
– Integrity is our foundation-both internally and externally
– Respect of each other and people we deal with is a cornerstone of our company
– Listening to our customers, our employees, and our suppliers is what sets us apart from our competition
– Teamwork is driven by our ability to communicate and cooperate together