The Process Engineer role is to ensure quality products are being produced that meet customer specifications at the highest recovery and highest throughputs achievable. This is done through daily coordination with production and analysis of mill assays to determine what changes are needed. In addition, the Process Engineer role will lead process improvement efforts for the Offerman Site.
· Ensure adherence to all MSHA Safety and Environmental rules and procedures in all work conducted.
· Assure compliance with all safety, environmental, and company policies and procedures.
· Monitor mill performance through sample analysis and visual inspection of the process at key points
· Coordinate with production supervisors and plant metallurgist on plant settings for optimal product grade and recovery
· Participate in MWF production meetings
· Run the weekly grade recovery review meeting
· Go over trends in product quality and mineral recovery
· Create action items and follow up from meeting discussions
· Participate in weekly Product Quality and Customer Process meeting
Process Improvement Leadership:
· Manage projects that come out of the weekly grade recovery review meetings and other process improvement programs
· Run cost/benefit analysis of process improvement opportunities to rank the priorities
· Interface with maintenance and or SIM Project Manager to provide scopes of work and spec out equipment, materials of construction, etc.
· Complete documentation for process changes including SOP, SJP, PFD, and any other documentation that the process requires
· Work with operations to make sure they are trained with any changes in operation
· Audit process improvements to make sure the changes are sustained
· Participate in ISO certification process
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, TRAINING AND SKILLS:
· Proficiency in slurry pumping
· Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Access
· BS/MS in mining engineering and or mineral processing.
About Southern Ionics Minerals LLC
Southern Ionics Minerals LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southern Ionics Incorporated, an innovator and leading manufacturer of specialty and intermediate inorganic chemicals based in West Point, Mississippi ( www.southernionics.com ). Southern Ionics Incorporated produces various zirconium chemical products, all of which are made from a basic chemical called zirconium oxychloride. Currently, the only sources of zirconium oxychloride, produced from zircon mineral sands, are foreign suppliers leaving Southern Ionics in need of a reliable domestic source in order to meet its production contracts. In looking for an American supplier, Southern Ionics realized that zircon sand has been mined in Georgia and Florida for more than fifty years. A team was assembled consisting of mining, mineral processing and environmental experts to mine and process mineral sands in a responsible manner, ensure zirconium oxychloride supply for Southern Ionics with production of zircon mineral sand, and to sell zircon and titanium minerals to other manufacturers